Wednesday, October 30, 2013

#15 Trip to Bohol

Wednesday, October 30, 2013


Hey Everyone

This week was super awesome.  First we got to hear from Elder Whitney Clayton from the Presidency of the Seventy and then we got to hear Elder Neil L. Anderson.  The talks were super awesome.  After the talks our whole mission immediately went to the island of Bohol.  We stayed a couple of nights in a chapel with just some thin pads on the tile floor.  It wasn't too bad.  We didn't sleep much but we didn't have to pay for our food or transportation for a couple of days.  On Monday we got to go close to where the epicenter of the earthquake was.  Many of the buildings and houses were completely destroyed.  We did as much clean-up as we could with the Helping Hands group.  It was pretty successful and really fun to just clean up garbage and have a little break from our everyday routine.  Don't worry though we were still missionaries.  We talked to a lot of people and found a few potential investigators for the missionaries in each area.  It was a very successful weekend.  We got back late Monday night and then worked on Tuesday.  Today we got to go to the temple and it was amazing.  I haven't been for about 2 months now so it was really great.  I am continuing to work hard and become better.  I love everyone back home and I want you to know that I know that God lives and he is always watching us.  We are placed where we are needed even if sometimes we don't like it.  I love God now more than I have before.  Ayo Ayo. 


Elder Roskelley
 Bohol
 Traveling to Bohol
Sleeping at the church on Bohol
The mission with Elder Neil L. Anderson



No comments:

Post a Comment