Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Hey Everyone
The Philippines is still awesome. It just
gets better and better. The language is coming okay. Yesterday I
had a lady say that she didn't speak English and she couldn't understand my Cebuano
American accent. It was kind of funny because I have still been
complimented on my Cebuano. We have a couple perspective baptisms and one
is set for my birthday but I don't think that he will make it to that date.
He has a lot that he needs to change. Last week my companion and I were
actually one of the top preforming areas for the zone in stats. It was a
really great week. We had about 26 lessons and 4 dinner appointments and
a ward activity. I had a really good week last week and we just got news
that at the end of this month Elder Echo Hawk and Elder Neil L. Anderson are
coming to our mission for a tour. I may get to shake their hands.
It will be super awesome to hear them speak in person. The mission
is going really well and I am glad to hear that BYU won. Go Cougars and
thanks for the deferment. Also if you send a package make sure you send
it though the regular mail because I can get charged quite a bit on this end.
It actually happened to my companion. I am doing really well even
though our district leader finished his mission and left today. It was
amazing to see how much he has grown and he has given me a good goal to shoot
for. Also our district just became a zone because of how many
missionaries are supposed to be coming. The picture of our district is in
the church. The church is kind of like in Peru. It has a bball court and
it is all tile but we don't have pews. We use plastic lawn chairs that
are usually scattered by the end of the meeting. It has a big gate around
it. It is amazing that there are three of us here in this mission from Idaho.
Also the Idaho elders really stand out because everyone knows who we are
and one of the best elders here was from Blackfoot, Idaho. It is awesome
being from Idaho. I am in a ward but we have one branch a little
ways north of us. We average 100 people in attendance.
Oh, and the nicest restaurant that I have eaten
at here was McDonalds. That might give you an idea of missionary life.
It is very simple but awesome. I am learning to enjoy the little
things and I can't believe how much you and dad have given me that I have not
been thankful enough for.
Today for P-day we are going to the mountains
to get some cool pics and then grocery shopping which is harder than I thought.
After we will go home and clean up a bit and we are teaching an English
class tonight because everyone here wants to learn English. After we are going
to try and visit one of the less active families that are struggling.
I am doing pretty
good. I weigh 183 lbs and one of the missionaries thought I got taller so
I am still growing and I am never hungry. I love you. Got to go.
Talk next week. Love you so much.
Elder Roskelley
This is our district, my companion is the shorter blonde elder
This is a shirt that a companionship made, I hope you can read it
Lovely telephone wires, don't know how they work
New house joke
No comments:
Post a Comment