Monday, December 8, 2014

#72 Back in my first area

Monday, December 8, 2014

Hello everyone,
  I hope all is well. I am doing really good here.  Some of you may have noticed that a storm hit the Philippines.  Luckily it went a little bit north of us so we were totally fine.  We didn't have any serious damage.  We just got a lot of rain and some wind.  We were all ready for the storm even though it wasn't as bad as predicted .  This last week has been kind of interesting.  I am back in my first area.  We were talking with a lot of the members this last week and it was funny because none of them believed that I was actually assigned in the same area again.  It has been really cool because now I can actually communicate with them.  It is like I have another chance to build friendships.  I have also got to meet some of our investigators.  They are doing pretty good.  We did have 2 of our investigators encounter some anti-mormon websites.  They were asking a lot of really hard questions.  Luckily between my comp and I we were able to answer all of their questions.  It really showed me how important it is to have a testimony of Joseph Smith and the basics before you learn the deeper stuff.  It is like trying to build a house on a weak foundation.  Our mission president has also emphasized that we need to focus on the simple doctrine.  It has really helped me to really pick apart smaller topics in the gospel so that I can understand them better.  I love you all.  I hope everything is going well.  
Love,

 Elder Roskelley

No comments:

Post a Comment