Wednesday, December 3, 2014

#71 Typhoon Queenie

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Hey everyone,
This last week has been pretty crazy.  We had a decent size storm hit us and had a couple opportunities to help people clean up their houses.  It was sad to see the people that lost their houses but it felt great to be able to help them.  Right now I am actually in the process of transferring.  I hope that all goes well. I know that I haven't emailed for a while and I am sorry for that but we had a cool conference for thanksgiving.  We also got to go to a restaurant on a river.  It was way fun.  I have had an exciting time in Duero but I hope that all will be well as I go to Danao. I have been in Danao before but this time I am going to be a zone leader and companion is Elder Tyler from SLC. It should be exciting.

love,
 Elder Roskelley

*a side note from mom, there is another typhoon currently headed for the Philippines, typhoon Ruby, it may be upgraded to a super typhoon by the time it hits land sometime around Friday, it is almost the same as the super typhoon that hit the Philippines this time last year. Please pray for the missionaries and the poor people in the Philippines, many who are still recovering from last year’s typhoon. Notice, Carson knows it is coming because they are on red alert warnings but he mentions none of this in his email :) I am sure there are lots of things he isn't telling me


Pictures from Typhoon Queenie








No comments:

Post a Comment