Monday, June
30, 2014
Hello
everyone,
I am doing good here in the Philippines. We are starting
into the rainy season and it is wonderful. It feels like the world is
being refreshed. We have got to teach a lot of people this week. We
are still working on our finding area. We talk to and meet a lot of
people but we haven't found that many people that are really interested.
My comp and I have been reevaluating our efforts and we have found some
ways we can improve so hopefully in the future we can see more fruits from our
labors. One cool thing I did get to do this week was interview three
people for baptism. I knew one of them pretty well when he first started
investigating the gospel and now it is amazing to see how much humbler he is.
He is more willing to submit to the Lord's will. It was a very
spiritual weekend with interviews and branch conference. We are continuing
to work hard and love the people here. I love being here and I hope
everyone back home is doing good. Some
days I do feel like it was just yesterday that I left. I have very few
days where I feel like it was a long time ago. I am loving the mission
and I almost can't believe that at some time I will have to go home and I won't
be a missionary. I had one of the missionaries in my district explain it
this way. " I can't remember the time when I wasn't a missionary and
I am not close enough to the end to believe that I won't be a missionary some
day." Yesterday for our branch conference we had 78 people. The
sacrament hall was completely full. It was way cool. President
Tanner and his wife even came. It was really cool.
We pretty much don't ride the bikes anymore.
We pretty much hate them but sometimes we use them and they are very
useful but it depends on where we are working.
Love
Elder Roskelley
No comments:
Post a Comment