Monday, June 16,2014
Hello everyone,
This last
week has been pretty cool. We got to go on the Loboc river this
Monday for p-day.
It is a boat that they have some tables set up on and for a couple hours
they take on this river where you get to see some cultural dancing and singing.
Also it was all you can eat food so that was super awesome. This week we
had a couple thunderstorms so we decided that it would be a good idea not to
use the bikes for a couple days. It was a nice break even though there
was a lot more rain. In our area right now we are trying to focus on
finding. We have very few investigators but we did meet some awesome
people. One way we have trying to find new investigators is through
inviting people to this English class that we started. We have
three American elders in my branch so people love to hear us speak.
It is really cool to see the Filipinos’ desire to
learn English and become more American. I also have been
helping some of the members here with their family history. They are
going to the temple in September as a branch. Most of these
peoples family is pretty easy to track because they hardly ever move.
It is really fun here in the Philippines. I know that God lives and
he loves us because I see examples of it everyday. I know that the Book
of Mormon is true and that anyone can know of its truth also. I hope all
is well back home.
Love,
Elder Roskelley
No comments:
Post a Comment