Monday, June 23, 2014
Hello
everyone,
It has been another great week in the Philippines. This
week we had transfers so I got to work a little bit in some other areas while
people were transferring. I didn't transfer and neither did my companion,
Elder Banawan. We are planning to have a great transfer. This week I was
working in Elder Johnson's area for the first part of the week and on Wednesday
we helped one of the branch members make a bamboo crib for her baby. It
was pretty fun. We also found this awesome new investigator while we were
shopping for groceries. I was standing in line to pay and this little kid
was looking at candy by me and I started talking to him. His mom saw me and
said that her sister was Mormon. We set up a return appointment and got a
member to come with us. We had a really good lesson with this sister and
her sister that is a member. It is amazing how the Lord will put people
in your path if you are willing to act. I encourage everyone to pray for
missionary moments and then starting talking. It might take a little
while but I know the lord will help you in any righteous desire.
Also we, as missionaries are now planning a
branch activity. No one in our branch really has callings or understands
what they need to do. It is wonderful. We are trying to teach them
their callings right now. We have 4 missionaries here in Talibon
and then 4 in Ubay. Ubay is just a group right now so technically they
are part of our branch and I am still district leader over these 8
missionaries. We are still doing our English class and I am still helping
with family history. I am also teaching the temple prep class. I
have three students that will get endowed in September. I might get to
escort one also. I hope I do. Do you have any good ideas for
games that can be competitions between families with kids of all ages. We
kind of want to do a group competition. We will split them into 4 groups
and have them go to stations.
It has been raining quite a bit
which has been nice because it cools everything off. Now instead of being
soaked with sweat we are soaked with rain but the rain smells a lot better.
I just hang my clothes up at the end of the day and I can use them again.
I don't even have to wash them.
Love,
Elder Roskelley
No comments:
Post a Comment