Wednesday, January 15, 2014

#26 Finding members

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Hey everyone,

Well this week like all weeks has come with many changes.  Because my mission president is kind of new and there are a lot of new missionaries our president has a huge job right now.  My companion and I got to talk with him for a while and he seems like he is doing very good and he has a great vision for the mission.  For our area we have had to do a lot of finding.  So far I haven't really had to do that too much but this last week we did a lot.  We have a lot of good members here and we have lots of appointments for dinner but they are very busy so we don't get much help during the week with work.  It is just something that is part of the area.  We just have to adjust and keep our goal in mind.  Remembering my goal has helped me so much this week.  This last week one really cool thing happened.  I got to talk with a former AP of a different Philippines mission and I was asked to give a talk about an hour before I had to give it.  It was pretty cool.  My companion is awesome and he is so humble. Oh mom, one thing that I wanted to say is that your letter that you sent me that you typed has helped me so much.  I read it a lot and it really helps me.  I know that I can do hard things and maybe next week I will be able to tell you about more of the hard things that I am doing.  This last week one hard thing we did was talk to an area captain.  Here we have big neighborhoods that are connected to the government.  We talked to someone that was almost like a mayor's assistant.  He said that we could schedule a meeting with him so we will see where that goes I have thought so much about the Savior this week.  I have seen similarities with the things that He has struggled and the things that I am struggling with.  I encourage everyone to do that with their life.  The Savior knows you and He loves you very much.  He is always helping you.  

Love,

 Elder Roskelley

No comments:

Post a Comment