Wednesday, January 1, 2014

#24 Happy New Year

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hey everyone

Happy New Year! For new year's eve we worked until 5:30pm and then we went to the church and watched two Disney movies.  The first was Despicable Me 2 and the second was Frozen. So this week has been a little crazy.  We found out that our area is going to be split and that sisters are going to take the new area.  I also found out that I will be transferring tomorrow to Labogon.  I don't know much about it but I will let you all know.  Also on Sunday I had the opportunity to teach 4 Koreans that a member had brought.  They are english students so I had to use very simple english.  I taught the plan of salvation.  To be able to teach I thought of how I would teach it in Cebuano and then I translated it into english.  If I were to teach in just english I would have used to deep of words for them to be able to understand.  It was way cool.  Today we got to go see some waterfalls, we went to this place called Danasan.  It has a cool adventure park with atvs and ziplines.  We went on their waterfall hike. It was beautiful but it rained a lot and the hike was pretty hard.  I am very tired and I will definitely sleep good.  New Year’s here is actually bigger than Christmas.  All night fireworks were being lit off and it was a little hard to sleep. I love the work here and I know that the Savior loves all of his children no matter where they are.  I know that the savior will always love us and he wants the best for us.  Sometimes we will experience trials and change but that is what life is for.  I love everyone and hope all is well.  


Love Elder Roskelley


Kind of wild turkeys they just roam around but someone does own them and 
everyone  in the area knows who it is so they still go where they want



Heading to an investigators house


A mystical hike





Elder Davies and Elder Murdock, both from Tacloban. One is my
 Zone leader and the other is my District leader. They are two of my favorites.



Me and my companion. It was kind of weird to find this sword in this little house.  The dad is just a motorcycle taxi driver, but he is the first counselor now and his son would usually work with us.  


These investigators gave us these fresh coconuts. He really likes our teaching
 but he hasn't come to church yet. Some sister missionaries are now teaching him.


Elder Davies messing with my camera


No comments:

Post a Comment