Hey Everyone,
This
week was transfer week. I got to my new area of Labogon which is very
city, it is crazy. We
have a grocery store here called “Save More” and it looks so much like Walmart
inside. It is very clean and it has so much American food. It was very
shocking for me on my first day. I am in a very city area which is part
of Mandaue city. My new companion is Elder
Ramada. He is from South Luzon. He is one of the best missionaries
I have met. He has been in the mission just a transfer longer than I
have. He is very nice and very fun. . My companion and I
live in a house together by ourselves but we have lots of fun together.
This morning we went and played basketball with some Elders in our
district. I have not gotten the package you sent with hymnbook yet.
Also I want to ask a favor. Can you send me another Ironman watch
sometime. I have two watches right now but my companion really likes my
watch and his watch isn't very good. I am just going to give him my
ironman watch and use my other watch for now. I don't need another watch
right now and I can always buy one here but I really like my Iron man watch.
It holds up better than the other watches here. For the language I
am still kind of struggling with it but that is from my perspective and I can
only compare myself to my filipino companion. I am learning a lot but I
still have so much to learn. I love the work here though. I have met some of our investigators and members
and everyone here has been very nice. A lot of the members are RM's and they
love the missionaries. One
experience that I want to share with you is about Randolf Cabase. He is an eleven year old kid
that is not a member. His father and older brother were baptized a couple
months ago but my companion said that he wasn't ready at that time. He
said that he never listened in the lessons and he just was crazy. Right
now we are teaching him and he will only listen to me. He has a baptismal
date set for the 25th and I know he will be ready. I also got to teach
his Sunday school class which was super fun. I guess the teaching swim lessons
was just practice for teaching him. This will be my first baptism for my
mission and I am very thankful to God that He prepared me to be here to help
him. I am loving the work and I can
see how God puts us where he needs us. I know that God knows us and our
talents, and our aspirations. He also knows our potential and he will do
what he needs to to help us reach that potential. I know that God loves
all of his children very much and has a plan for each on of them. He
wants us all to return and live with him.
Love
Elder Roskelley
Barangay
Labogon, Mandaue City(Mandaue City, Cebu)

No comments:
Post a Comment