Hey Everyone,
This Monday I leave to the Philippines. I fly from SLC to LAX to Manilla to Cebu. I fly to Cebu and arrive there around 8 AM on wednesday morning. It looks like 40 hours of travel time but it is actually only 26 hours of travel time. Sounds like fun. I am actually pretty excited to leave but our teacher said that the first month is the hardest. In all I have gained 10 lbs while here in the MTC, but I have been eating pretty healthy and we had an awesome zone soccer game last night. Half of the game we couldn't see because we played from 810 to 900pm. It was way fun. I'm very excited. Today we are doing an english fast which means we aren't speaking any english to each other. It is kind of hard and I am getting good at charades. This last week we had Richard G Scott come talk to us and it was awesome. This week we had a presidency of the seventy and Jake Lewis and I got to sit next to each other. It was awesome. My favorite quote was "more faith than fear". I hope I can get this. One thing I really learned this week is to be humble. Nobody likes someone that is cocky. The second thing I worked on was trusting God's will. I have been worrying a lot about the future but I now know that the Lord knows what he is doing. I love everyone. I know that God loves us all and that he will answer our prayers. I know that He is happy with us and our choices but we can always become better. Mom, I have 2 New Zealand room mates that are my zone leaders and they haven't recieved any packages, they definitely deserve one so I was wondering if you could send one to them. Just send it to me and I will give it to them. Thank you for everything, I will send a package home that has stuff I don't need. The more I hear about the philipines the less I am worried.

No comments:
Post a Comment