Thursday, August 15, 2013
Hey everyone.
Thanks for all the letters and packages. I got the two packages from you mom. And I did get my snapback. I wear it about as much as everyone else does. They think its so cool so they steal it, which I don't care. It's cool. Say hello to the Alleys for me. Also can you send me more builder's bars. I am actually doing workouts now. I have gained a total of eight pounds so far and I think I grew a little bit taller. I am trying to stay in shape and some days the MTC doesn't really have any healthy choices. It tastes pretty good but you don' t really feel the same through out the day. I tried the rowing machine and the bench press machine and a couple of other machines last night. It was pretty fun. I feel sore today but it is a good sore. Thanks for posting my emails. On Tuesday for our devotional we had a broadcast from the Marriot Center where we go for our devotionals and the video went to every MTC in the world. Half of them watched it live and the other half were asleep. I got to sing in the choir and the writer of the piece we sang donated 200 copies of music to the MTC missionaries. The director said that everyone that had been coming for four or more weeks could have one. Luckily this was my fourth week so I got one. The language is coming but it is still a bit difficult. Our lessons with our pretend investigators are going good and I am learning a lot. The other day I got to pretend to be an investigator. It was amazing. I actually felt the spirit like I was the person. The other companionship taught me and my name was Eric. It was wonderful. One of the missionaries bore his testimony and I felt the spirit so strongly that I couldn't stop smiling. I also realized this week during personal study that the Savior started his ministry with 40 days of fasting and I am starting my ministry with 40 days in the MTC. I thought that was pretty cool. I also was very humbled this week because I was reading King Benjamins speech and he explained how we are nothing by ourselves. And don't really deserve any of the blessings Heavenly Father gives us. It is through the grace that we are able to do good and then He blesses us when we use our agency that He has also given us. How does that seem fair. We can never be even with Heavenly Father because we are so blessed. King Benjamin actually said that we are unworthy creatures.
This Wednesday I got to be a host and welcome the greenies. I hosted three people. One was from Idaho and one is going to Pocatello. The other one was from Utah and he was going to New Mexico. These are the first group of english speakers that I will get to leave before they do. It was very fun but very hot. Tell the Alleys "hi" for me and tell them thank you for the letters. So for my mission we had three districts of about 12 each come in to speak cebuano on the same day. We will all leave on the same day if we all got our visas. All of us are going to either Tacloban, Cebu, or Cebu East. Each district has people that are going to each of those missions but each companionship is going to the same mission. Me and my companion are doing great. We have kind of got the name of being the old couple. We love each other but we have a hard time agreeing on what we want to teach. We both want to be right but we are getting a lot better. I just have one picture.
love you all, hope you're doing good.
Elder Roskelley
No comments:
Post a Comment