Thank you everyone for the letters. This last week has been amazing. We had an awesome Sunday night devotional. And this Sunday was fast Sunday so we had a mission conference on Sunday. From 12-2 our MTC presidency talked to us. They were awesome. I don't remember much of what they said but I did write down what I felt. I'm learning a ton. Also the biggest thing that happened to me was after Sunday night's devotional we get to watch videos that have been recorded of previous talks from the MTC. This week we watched a talk by Elder Bednar called "Character of Christ". He gave it in the MTC about 1.5 years ago on Christmas. It is only for MTC use and you won't be able to find it on the internet. In that talk he talked about the natural man vs the character of Christ. He compared the natural man to the cookie monster. "I want cookie now". Christ would say how can I help others. He talked about Christ being tempted after 40 days of fasting. He then right after Satan left sent angels to comfort John the baptist. He only served and taught. Elder Bednar called this turning out. Don't think about yourself. Elder Eyring also said that the best way to get rid of home sickness is to work. This is all turning out. Always look how you can serve others and the last person you should think about is yourself. This is part of the love of Christ and my companion and I can testify that turning out helps. We used to struggle to get along but as you think about the other person you will feel so much better. You will be very blessed and you will love what you are doing. I love Christ's example and I encourage everyone to look for more examples of where Christ turned out because he should be the cornerstone of the foundation that we are built on. We should always strive to follow His example. I love being here and I know the Lord is helping me when I pray and am humble. I couldn't be here without Christ and it is through His grace that we can do good works. I know that the Book of Mormon is the most correct book and that if you strive to live by its teachings you will be greatly blessed. I love and miss everyone. Hopefully I replied to everyone.
Elder Roskelley
No comments:
Post a Comment