Thursday, August 1, 2013

# 2 Still in the MTC

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Hey Everyone
 I am having an awesome time here and I love all of the people.  My companion and I argue sometimes but we both know that we love each other.  I hope that we can continue to make it through the MTC because the meal schedule just repeated and I am kind of tired of being close enough to someone that I could hold their hand 24 / 7.  I love the spirit and I am learning so much.  Cebuano is coming to me and I actually might know the most out of my district.  People always ask me translation questions.  I am trying to use this to show my companion that the more obedient we are the more we are blessed.  Also our teacher told us the other day that cebuano is one of the harder languages to learn.  This is because it technically doesn''t have an alphabet and we have really weird grammar.  Like if you were to type in ''I read the book of mormon"" into google translator you could get ""Nagbasa ko si basahon ni mormon'' or ''gibasa nako ang basahon ni mormon'' they are pretty much the same meaning but just a little bit different.  Also our teacher Brother E. said that he tried to explain the basic grammar to his supervisor who learned mandiran chinese for his mission and after fifteen minutes he understood nothing.  He said the he was happy he learned chinese instead of cebuano.  Also the funny thing about cebuano is that a bunch of the people text so cebuano is knid of written but we also have to be taught how to text because it is different writing than how we are doing it now.  It all kind of confusing and our teachers only really speak cebuano to us.  I have gained 6 pounds since I have been in the MTC.
Love Elder Roskelley







                                                   Me and my buddy Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment