Wednesday, Sept 25,
2013
Hey everyone
Well, let me start by
saying the Philippines is totally awesome. I have had a lot of struggles and am
still struggling but I have never been so excited in my life. I feel
amazing but I am a lot skinnier and one of my investigators pointed that out to
me. The people here will tell you how it is and they don't feel bad.
If someone is fat and you say to them that they are fat they will just
accept it and move on. It’s funny. Also I have seen some beautiful
views while tracting. Hopefully I have time to send them all. It is
absolutely amazing here. I got to watch "The Other Side of
Heaven" while I was eating breakfast, lunch and dinner. That movie
has some of the same things I am experiencing except for toned down. We
had a typhoon hit and some trees fell but it wasn't too bad because the
surrounding islands protect us. This morning I woke up with blood on my
foot because of a bug bite and my feet weren't covered. This Friday for
a service project we might get to harvest some corn in the mountains. I
have been informed about three single girls that were living with their
fathers. They think that all Americans are here to marry a Philippine.
We actually have one man in our ward who is here for that exact reason.
The people here are very nice at first but they don't usually let you
comeback and they have so many excuses. It is kind of funny. I love
being here. It is beautiful and many of the members are very faithful.
For breakfast I usually have cereal or oatmeal and a hard-boiled egg.
Lunch is usually cereal or ramen and vegetables. Dinner is usually
at 8:00 so we don't have to stop working. We had pizza that I made last
night. My companion made some tomato sauce with vegetables and sausage
and we used a slice of bread and some weird cheese and melted it. It was
actually very good. I also have a lot of rice but not with every meal.
I kind of like rice. We usually have a dinner appointment each
week. It is always good food. I now call it delicious but I still
mess up words, but this week I got complimented by two Philippines on my Cebuano,
they said I am doing very good for how short of time I have been here. I
actually had to say the sacrament prayer this Sunday and I only had
to read it once. I felt great. The gift of tongues is real. The
Lord helps me so much. I see His hand everywhere, just the other day we
felt like we should go tract an area so right before we started we met this guy
that said he was a member but didn't know where the church was so he wasn't
going. He said that he would love to go to church so this
Sunday we are going to help him meet members and become part of the ward.
All because we listened to the spirit.
We are in a little
store that is on the side of the highway in sabang danao, that is where I am
emailing you from. Also, we went to the temple last Friday and it was awesome.
Elder Roskelley
Cebu Philippines Temple
Cool baby lizard
When they are full grown they eat chickens
A python, the guy said he didn't want me to hold the head because it might bite (what?)
6:00 b-ball
P-day
Roasting a pig
Beautiful
An area we were tracting
5:30 Sunrise this morning
No comments:
Post a Comment