Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Hey everybody
Well the Philipines is hot. And I am always sweating. It is great fun. I don't actually mind it because I know that I don't matter as much as these people that I am serving do. Bug count: cockroaches-3, spiders-40, lizzards-600, misquito bites-10, frogs-100, snakes-0. It's actually not to bad here but there are ants almost everywhere but they aren't that annoying. I got to see Elder B. the second day I was here. He actually lived in the house that I am living in for the first part of his mission. He left and I came in. He is now opening an area called Pilar Bohol so I haven't seen him for a couple weeks. I hear that he is an amazing missionary. He was actually almost my trainer but instead of training he opened a new area and my current trainer began training. My trainer is a really good missionary. He doesn't think of himself at all and he will almost talk to anyone. The people he is not willing to talk to I am usually willing to talk to. The people he doesn't like to talk to are people that are drinking or smoking. It is really funny here because most drunk people will only speak english to you. It is as if beer makes you become very good at english all of the sudden. Yesterday I talked to these people that were gambling and smoking. They asked us some questions and we talked about our church and then they said that we could come back if we would like so we are going back over there next week. The church over here is kind of struggling because everyone believes that they need to work on Sunday to survive but they all have tv's. It is very interesting. It is a lot like Peru but some of these people believe that all they need to do to be saved is pray and go to some church. It doesn't matter which church though. They have some very interesting beliefs. I also got to teach a muslim lady in english this week. That was pretty fun. Also we taught this devote baptist man in half english, half Cebuano and he was very strong in his religion. He is slightly crazy but very diligent in his faith. He invited us to talk to his pasture who has been examining the Book of Mormon. So this Sunday afternoon we are going to teach a baptist minister. I am very excited and I know that it will be fun. I will just stand there and tell him I know that this church is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that the Book of Mormon is true. And then I will ask him to pray about it or something like that. I am excited to be serving the Lord. I know that He loves us and that He loves all of his children in the Philipines just as much. I am hear to share my message with them. It is a great gift from God that we have a prophet today and other people need to have the opportunity to accept or reject his message.
This friday we are going to the temple and giving tours. It should be really awesome.
My camera died this week and I haven't had time to charge it so no pictures this week.
Elder Roskelley
No comments:
Post a Comment