Monday, July 21, 2014
Hey everyone
This week was pretty sweet. There were many
things that made it sweet. First, I officially hit my one year mark and didn't really do
anything special for that. I should probably burn a least one of my
shirts. They are starting to get pretty yellow. Also this week we
had interviews with president Tanner. He was sweet to talk to and he has
a great vision for this mission. The last thing was the great work and
support from the members. We had 2 members that went to an investigators
house without us and had a great discussion with them. That made me
really excited. Right now we are trying to give the members more
opportunities to do things so that they can receive training and become great
leaders in the future. Also we had our branch activity this week.
It was way fun and a pretty good success. We had 3 less actives
come and hopefully they can start coming to church. We had some sweet
lessons this week too. My comp has been kind of sick lately so Elder
Johnson and I have been going on splits a little bit. Some people use the
phrase "a wrench got thrown in to our plans" I would have to say
"I think parts of a car got thrown in our plans but it all worked out
really well. It was really cool. I love the many assignments that
the Lord gives us. Lately I realized that I have been volunteering for
more activities too. Recently I have started translating the Church
Handbook of instruction into Cebuano. It was translated once but it was
kind of bad. They are having problems over here with leaders not knowing
what to do so sometimes I feel like the branch president. We have seen a
lot of success like last week because we were talking to president he decided
that we should do a branch council meeting. It went okay.
We receive so much help from the Lord each day. I
know that the Lord is always there and I can and will rely on him. I hope
all is well at home because it looks like typhoon season is here.
Love,
Elder Roskelley
Mom's post on instagram: 52 weeks! I can't believe it has been 52 weeks, a whole year! Some days it feels like he left yesterday and some days it feels like longer that a year, In a recent email he said this describes it best, "I can't remember the time when I wasn't a missionary and I am not close enough to the end to believe that I won't be a missionary some day." Love my missionary!
No comments:
Post a Comment