Wednesday, April 9, 2014
Hello everyone,
This
last week has been awesome. We have taught a lot but haven't seen conference
yet. I am loving my new area. There are a lot of rice fields here
so we get to teach a lot of farmers. This week we have still been biking
a lot and visiting as many people as we can. We have been very blessed in
this area so far. This week we got to teach a
guy with one arm. We taught him about the resurrection, and it was kind
of sad how little he paid attention. Even when we try to give hope people
don't want it because they let little things of life get in the way. We still ride bikes a lot and I actually
haven't visited most of my area because it is so big. I will send some
pics of it. We are in a branch and it is not very organized but we have
church every sunday in a rented a building. It is pretty fun. Our
bikes are pretty nice so we do have to worry a little bit but our area is very
very rural. It is cool. It kind of feels like biking around by our house
with the houses kind of far away and lots of land. I have been eating lots of noodles. It has been really good
carbs for me. I also have a glass of powder chocolate milk. Yeah I
mix my milk here. It tastes okay. I will definitely love milk when
I get home
The biggest thing
that I have learned is just about myself. A lot of times when we have
trials God is testing us and we can also see how much we can handle. God
knows how much we can handle but sometimes he just wants to show us what we can
handle. This life is not just to come here live a life and go on to the
next. We aren't just supposed to have it easy all the time. That would
defeat the purpose of this life and we couldn't learn what we need to. We
can be grateful for the hard times that we have. It is definitely easier
to be grateful after the trials but I know that we can be grateful during
too.
Love,
Elder Roskelley
No comments:
Post a Comment