Monday, December 9, 2013

#21 P-Day changed again

Monday, December 9,2013
Hey everyone,

So these last two weeks have been amazing.  For Thanksgiving our mission president actually had us over for a dinner on Sunday so we kind of had a Thanksgiving.  We had a mission conference with Elder Echo Hawk who lives in Manila now and is part of our area presidency of the Philippines.  That is why our p-day was changed. He was amazing to listen to. He and his wife are actually converts.  They have known each other since the fourth grade and Elder Echo Hawk was the attorney general of Idaho in 1992 when the capitol burned.  Besides this the rest of the week has been basic missionary work.  We have taught many people and seen many miracles in people’s lives.  I have to write in my journal every night because there is so much happening here.  One thing that I have really seen this week is that if you will put the work in then the Lord will bless you. I see the atonement at work every day in so many lives.  It isn't always the repentance process but I always see the transfer of love.  God and Jesus Christ love us so much and because of that love we should be willing to follow there commandments.  It is the same with our parents.  Every holiday all they say they want is good kids.  That is all God asks too and then he gives us so many more blessings.  One question that I found that helps me is "How can I show the Lord that I love him.  What am I doing today to help?"  Everyone can ask this question and I promise that you will never have a wasted day.  I know that God lives and he loves us so much. I know that know matter at what stage in life we are at we can always become better.  I love everyone back home and miss you.  
Love 
Elder Roskelley


P.S. Right now I have 3 other missionaries living in the apartment I am in. We always make sure that we feel the Christmas spirit so we play Christmas music every morning and we hung up any sort of Christmas or snow pictures we had. Don't worry even though there is no snow we still have lots of Christmas spirit.  Actually probably more than most.  We are doing great here and learning so much.  My Grandma asked me if people here wear coats and I told her, People here actually do wear coats but it is because they don't like to get a lot of sun.  They all wish that they could be white like Americans.  It is pretty interesting.  It is just like the Doctor Seuss story about the stars on the bellies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment