Monday, September 15, 2014

#60 New companion and traniee

Monday, September 15, 2014

Hey everyone
We did pretty good this week here.  For Wednesday and Thursday I was in Cebu to get my new companion.  His name is Elder Lewis and he is from Lehi, Utah.  He just graduated from high school.  He is quite a bit smaller than my last comp.  He is a lot better at the language then I expected and he is handling everything pretty well.  We taught a lot of less actives this week so that Elder Lewis could get to know the members.  The members are really funny with him because they try to speak English to help him but he can't understand their English and he wants them to speak Cebuano so that he can learn.  Something funny that happened this week.  We were eating at our president’s house and elder Lewis said that he was using a small to eat his food instead of saying that he was using a fork.  I am doing just fine in the language.  I am still learning new words and grammar but I am not really having any problems.  Thank you for everything you do.  I can't believe that I have less than 10 months right now.  There is so much stuff that I still need to learn.  I know I am not a perfect companion and that is part of the reason I can usually be pretty good with my comps.  I think that part of the reason that there is so much info to learn so then it keeps us humble. 
Love

Elder Roskelley




No comments:

Post a Comment